- Professional Designatory Letters MIPFMA (Members only)
- Code of Professional Conduct Compliance
- Comprehensive Continuing Professional Development Programme (Free to attend CPDs for Members)
- Education and Training Programme
- Member e-bulletin notifying updates in the profession
- Access to European Industry bodies via CEPI
- Access to IPFMA Members-only extensive resources
- Participation in focussed working groups addressing matters of priority to the industry
- Member Events such as Annual Conference and Members' Lunch
Active practitioners who wish to apply for full membership of the IPFMA must be actively involved in the Property / Facility Management profession and agree to be bound by the IPFMA Code of Professional Conduct. Applicants must either:
- Hold an exempting qualification recognised by the Association and have a minimum of two years’ experience in Property/Facility Management.
- Have a minimum of 10 years relevant industry experience and submit a project in a given topic, proposed by the applicant and subject to IPFMA approval. Your project should be a minimum of 3,000 words; relevant to the sector and demonstrate your specific experience, knowledge and professionalism in the sector. References must be quoted and plagiarism is not permitted. Applicants will also be required to attend a competency interview assessed by a panel selected from IPFMA Committees.
Applicants must submit a completed membership application form, together with copy of current CV, copies of any relevant educational certificates and two written references, one of which must be from a current full IPFMA member.
RECOGNISED ACADEMIC COURSES
We recognise the following list of academic courses in Ireland for Membership application. For other UK courses, we recognise those recognised by the RICS.
- Higher Cert in Property & Facilities Management – IPFMA / DIT Bolton St
- Higher Cert Property Studies – SCSI / DIT Bolton St
- BSc (Hons) Property Studies – SCSI / DIT Bolton St
- MSc Real Estate – DIT Bolton St
- BSc Property Valuation and Management – Limerick IT
- BSc Property Studies – GMIT
- BSc Facilities & Energy Management – Carlow IT
We also recognise any other course as recognised by the RICS / SCSI.
Membership Application Checklist
- Completed Membership Application Form
- Copy of current Curriculum Vitae
- Signed reference from a current full IPFMA Member and one other reference
Membership subscription is payable annually in January of each year and is €200.
IPFMA Higher Certificate in Property & Facility Management
Applicants can qualify for admission to Membership by securing a place on and successfully completing the IPFMA Higher Certificate in Property & Facility Management.